Sunday 14 July 2013

Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM - Baseshaper review

I recently brought a Louis Vuitton Neverfull handbag in the GM size (the big boy!)...
While I was researching the bag I kept coming across something called a base shaper for the bags. It basically sits at the bottom of the bag to stop 'it sagging'.



At the time of purchasing the bag I did not order one of these - they are not sold by Louis Vuitton but on eBay, amazon and various online places.
There are many different styles, Perspex, plastic, leather, suede effect, coloured.

Below is my experience with my Neverfull GM with and without the base shapers....

**************************************************

This is the base shaper I brought, a suede type feeling and look. I am pleased with the suede choice. Around £17 with delivery. This shows it in the bag at the bottom.



Base shaper in...


Base shaper out. Not much difference in looks at all!

This is my Neverfull GM with a lightish load. Looks great. 


And this has a laptop in. So it does sag with a heavy load. Also if I loaded a really heavy book/ coin filled purse/ shopping load.


To show you the difference the below pictures are with the same laptop in, but with the base shaper in.


Much better shape! It also feels more sturdy to me.

Overview- Base shaper-
A good purchase if you will be carrying some heavier items in your bag.
-It makes it feel more sturdy.
-Protects the bottom of your bag.
-Creates an over all better shape when full.

Hope this helps! Any questions then just ask!

Love

N

Xx


1 comment:

  1. Such a well researched post! I've never heard of base shapers but I'm planning on ordering some immediately for my slouchier bags. Thanks for sharing! http://designerbaseshapers.com/

    ReplyDelete